Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Channel Surfer



She snaps her fingers at me
thrice in rapid succession

that's code for a cup of coffee and
a raisin bagel

(I forgot to tell you my new name is fido)

it's a twisted reality show and i'm
the unwitting star of channel WTF

the remote is two strides from her claw
but her whistle whine
is all the askance i get

... and
All she asks for is the moon and stars
Offered to her freely, with open arms.

(she says they would match her shoes)

(I say would bully for her,
but fear the possibility of a
tornado warning)


Finger and thumb crack another gunshot across my nose

... I can only ask how high.
Creative Commons License
Channel Surfer by Michael W. Hyde is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.

No comments: