Sunday, March 23, 2008

Mother


I have been selected to be a featured reader at this year's GaiaFest 2008. I will sit alongside a dozen other quality writers as we flagellate in front of you, the audience. Please join us April 22, 2008, at the 40th Street Theater in Norfolk, VA. I will share more information as it arrives.

In the meantime, here is one of the pieces I have been working on for the festival:

hold me, child
hold me sunny, strange days ahead now, child
brack river underneath my bones, child, you will be wont to drink it, child
resist every temptation.
hold the weak now, child
hold steadfast a solder's mask a deity's substance hold fast now, child.
coming miles up now and we forgave him naught
hold the line, child
help me heal the wounds bandaged dirty by the sun now
hold the heals, child.
hold me as you're breaking apart now
you're crazy if you want to make crazy
hold the heals now, child
mend the cracks in the skin
hold it together child.
bleed the sun dry tomorrow or the ending's tomorrow
hold tight now, child
it's the sudden dancing macabre bodies underneath it all
the secrets of secrets
hold me now, child.
if you want to see me.

Creative Commons License
Mother Says by Michael W. Hyde is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.

No comments: